Thursday, April 02, 2009

 

Hey..

Did the work thing today. BACK IN SOLIHULL HURRAH! Mainly admin but I did do one very small but important thing that no-one else understood so I feel that I earned my salary (but possibly not my salary since September. Oh well>)

Off to Northumbria tomorrow am; Spouse is throwing discs and I am walking, and we are both camping. (Son is behaving himself in the house for three days on his own. Of course) I'm still on lots of anti-psychotics after the little daffodil eating event last week so won't try to walk too far, but if I can get dropped off on the far side of the moor I can do some proper walking over the top.

Still editing. Had some really useful feedback which has improved the first few chapters no end (motivations are now clearer on one side at least.) One day I will finish with Invictus and then I shall find something else to do with my life. Read maybe- I haven't read a novel in months. I have been writing some slash, just to keep distracted, and have been assured that I do creepy better than everyone else, which I think is a compliment but which made me wonder if it was all quite right. But if that's how it turns out then one can only go with the flow.

What else have I been doing? Watching 1st series Torchwood on HD. Captain Jack was definitely better when he wasn't a people person. Had much fun with weird Robin Hood fans leading up to the new series of that, which may be good and does at least have higher production values than the previous two. Doing Rubik's cubes. Cleaning out my fishtank weekly- pH is now a reasonable 6.5. Making stuff with the breadmaker and doing more real cooking. Sleeping well (daytime) and badly (night) Completing a llama flag for Glastonbury. Playing a fair few boardgames and almost understanding the rules to Le Havre.
Eating daffodils and spending much time trying to explain why to people at NHSDirect (daffodils are not as toxic as they'd like you to think. I suspect a government conspiracy) Walking in the spring sunshine. Stuff. Saw Watchman, liked it.

Comments:
Which bit of Northumbria? There's a fair chance I've walked over it.
 
Place called Burnlaw, between Whitfield and Allendale. The plan is to walk across Greenrigg Moor and back to the Allen river.
 
That's one of the bits I haven't walked over (it's ower the wator!).
Hope the weather's good.
 
The weather was good (though cold for camping) and there were black grouse and loads of lapwing and curlew. And much walking.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?