Wednesday, January 14, 2009

 

Why is it

that lots of intelligent, useful and witty posts on "Comment is Free" go virtually unnoticed but one sentence of grammatical correction that anyone with a dictionary could have made gets heaped with recommendations?

People are very odd. Beatnik is sitting in front of the computer waiting to be patted on the head, which would be more likely to happen if he hadn't ripped the lounge and computer room carpets up just a few minutes ago.

I am struggling with paedophilia at the moment; not personally, more in a dealing with the concept of the written fiction sort of way. Circumstances have arisen where I am pretty much required to come to some conclusions and the only one I've reached so far is that I don't really want to read any (more) of it.

It is an interesting exercise in being on the other side of the "yes, it's well written and intelligent and I can see where you're coming from but I really don't want to read it because I am so much not enjoying it" conversation and has enabled me to have a little more empathy for you annoying sods out there who are still firmly refusing to read Invictus. Although, as you can see, not that much.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?