Monday, January 26, 2009

 

It's all about audience participation...

Fortunately it isn't. I'm quite happy to add my twopenn'orth to the Internet anyway. But one does wonder, sometimes.

Anyway, let's throw a few more bits into the ether.

Fishtank now up and running. Four fish celebrated their new home by swimming upside down and were promptly euthanised in a fit of pique. The others seem to be recovering slowly. I'm waiting to put the sixth coat of paint on the new fireplace thing that the TV is going to be hanging on. It's very black, and so are Sputnik's paws.

A chap called Lee who doesn't use vowels or carriage returns in his emails and called me "hun" (I had to get Son to translate that bit) is supposedly turning up with a van and enough hefty people to shift the old tank in a couple of hours' time. If he turns up with a car and a girlfriend I shall laugh hollowly and let then try to move it a couple of inches. I am slighly cynical because the first two people who contacted me via Freecycle obviously hadn't thought about transport at all, despite the fact that I outlined what was needed in the original posting. One of them seemed to be intending to carry it home. 25 stone, this thing weighs. The other one wanted the tank because she didn't have any money for one. Which is fine if you want to put it on the floor and keep a couple of frogs in it, but anything else is going to need several hundred pounds worth of stuff to go with it. Maybe she was hoping to freecycle them. Freecycle is a great idea but it does seem to be populated almost entirely by people who decide they'll take something on a whim and then don't tell you when they decide it's too much bother to collect it.

For some reason shifting 100 gallons of water and then intensive painting seems to have done me no harm whatsoever. Haven't so much as looked at a paracetamol since last week.

"Being Human" was a bit heavy on the exposition but otherwise refreshingly unannoying, which is promising.

I had better go back to work, since I'm typing this on the work laptop instead of examining some draft legislation very careful.

Doing a bit of light editing (I know, I ought to leave it alone really, but ch 33 was a bit vague). I keep having to remind myself of universes; I nearly edited the reference to "hours" earlier in this email out.

Appetite is just about completely back so I now need to stop eating all the high calorie stuff I've been dutifully sampling for the last few weeks or I shall put all 18 pounds back on again in a blink.

Enough. Work!

Comments:
The post so good it was worth posting twice.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Must freecycle my Buffy tapes.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?