Tuesday, May 06, 2008

 

Back from Mull

Which was beautiful and alternately incredibly wet and very sunny. No cetaceans this time, but some golden eagles and lots of red deer, and razorbills from the boat back.

I came back with the Scottish Open Disc Golf Women's Champion trophy, due to being the only woman player, and despite playing one round out of four and getting the lowest score going. But it was fun, and I am slowly improving. Played lots of poker in the evenings- not nearly as scary as I'd thought, it's just a bidding system.

Edmund died today, not sure why. I think he must have been around 13 years old so hardly an untimely early death, but I shall miss him. Bob seems to be fine.

A free weekend next weekend, which is a rarity. Beer n Pretzels at Burton the weekend after, then disc golf in Bristol, then the UK Games Expo, then another free weekend, then the Scillies, then Glastonbury, then another free weekend, then the States over a long fortnight, then finally a fairly peaceful August leading up to the Party, invites for which I had better start making (or as least subcontracting to Son as last year).

Looking forward to Glastonbury despite never having heard of 95% of the bands listed. I shall go and see Billy Bragg and Susanne Vega, and possibly even Hazel O'Connor.

Off to pick up a couple of parcels from the post office now, once I've hung some washing out. I love it when it's sunny enough to do that- I feel all domesticated.

Comments:
1: I went to Mull before it was Ballymorry. Presumably, it is now no longer Ballymorry?

2: Is Edmund a snake?

3: Will you have time for beer / curry / latte while throwing things at other things in Brizzle?
 
1) It certainly thinks it's Ballymory still. Very pretty and multicoloured and you can buy lots of TV related stuff.

2) He was.

3) I should think so. I'll try to schedule it :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?