Saturday, February 17, 2007

 
Nearly a month since I last posted. This isn't a very representative blog- I only tend to get round to saying anything when I'm high.

Not too bad today, actually. yesterday I gave up on work at lunchtime and went for a walk in the park because I'd got severely confused. Today doesn't feel quite right but provided that no-one tells me to do two things at once I should get by. No visual effects, no excessive high mood but a high inclination to dance around the room and to burble on the Guardian chat pages and BGG.

Last weekend we went river kayaking in the snow; cold and wet but fun, if a bit scary. Only one of us fell in and it wasn't me (or Son) :-)

Tonight assorted family are descending for a meal to celebrate Beloved's 40th birthday at Jimmy Spices, renowned for good food and appalling service.

I've just finished sending a complaint to my local NHS mental health trust- those with long memories will recall that last September I did a three day EEG test with sleep deprivation. Nearly 6 months later I still haven't heard a word from the hospital about the results. I've phoned three times and been told each time that someone will call back- they haven't. A month ago I sent a very polite letter asking for someone to call to let me know what was going on- nothing. So I've had a bit of a complain. If the complaints department doesn't reply either I'll know that its a conspiracy, or that I have ceased to exist. Either of which might be useful to know. I'll have to devise some further test to work out which.

I hope I don't have to resort to complaining to my MP- I would hate to be beholden to someone that I have so little respect for. I suspect I've fallen foul of the budget cuts, but it would be nice to know.

Looks like I shall be spending two days a week in London for the next few months. I must try to do something about social life whilst there- otherwise its a lot of sitting in hotel room knitting and watching TV.

That's about all the news for the moment- not much but then thinking isn't my strong point at present.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?