Friday, December 08, 2006

 

Not sick leave

I'm at home today. Day's holiday. Next week I intend to do 3 days and then give up until the new year ( thus neatly avoiding the newly abolished Christmas).

Been working too hard, got too stressed, running at the moment on permanent low grade panic symptoms and too much going through my head all the time, so this is official winding down time. Its very difficult to stop once one has got going to this extent; there are a dozen critical things happening at work that need my input but they will have to live without me for a bit. The alternative, I suspect, is for them to live without me for considerably longer on a non-optional basis. Right, enough about work. The whole point is to get away from it for a bit!

Other news; well, there isn't any really. I feel like I've done nothing but work and kayaking for months. I think the kayaking has helped. I lie awake at night and mentally rehearse rolls till I fall asleep. I must try one in the water at some point!

We did watch Superman last night. I'd forgotten that it was so slow. Quite watchable though. And quite gruesome in places. Clark is so much in control, both as Superman and Clark Kent, which is an interesting comparison to the later superhero movies.

My list of jobs for today involve sorting out ingredients for mincemeat.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?