Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 
Today's been not so good after all. How I can get nervy about revision for an exam that has no importance whatsoever I don't know, but somehow I manage it. Not sleeping so well again either.

I think something nice had better happen tonight. Might be a good evening for a takeaway and chasing the family into one room long enough to watch a DVD; they still haven't seen Mirrormask and I'm up for another go. A bad evening for more maths revision and trying to get the house tidier. Feeling vaguely "run away"ish which is usually a bad sign.

Spent a good hour out on the canal though, thinking about nothing much except keeping the boat upright, spotting the trees that have started to turn and ducking the rather fast-falling acorns.

It's a beautiful evening too.

Son and I watched the last half of Revenge of the Sith last night. Fortunately our set top box is on the blink (or as the lady told me when I rang her earlier, overheating because it's on top of the DVD recorder) so we got to miss much of the worst dialogue. Although I love the "only Siths deal in absolutes" line. And the bit where Anakin, having had his arms and legs chopped off and having been set on fire, informs Obi Wan that he hates him. I still don't understand how that scene got into a mainstream film though. You make three films featuring (in the first one) a small cute boy, you kill his mother off, turn him evil and finally you mutilate and burn him onscreen and the censor goes "Fine, no sex or bad language, off you go."

I'm pleased to see that according to today's paper at least I am not responsible for making Son stupid (or not in one specific way. No doubt I'm responsible for mis-bringing him up in many other ways, like allowing him to get away with murder when it comes to food. Although he did discover that he liked soy sauce yesterday; slight progress.)

Bit lacking in inspiration, enthusiasm and everything else so that will have to do. No doubt perkier tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?