Sunday, February 26, 2006

 

Shiver

The question is not one of individual liberty vs the state but of which approach best guarantees most liberty for the largest number of people. Tony Blair in today's Observer.

The disintegration of society aside, it's been a good day. My employers took a full 6 months to sort my pay rise out so that now that it has arrived it is in a meaningful lump sum. So we splurged a bit at HMV (with my new SU card) and I now have a rather strange looking PS2 game to play called Ico, as well as a copy of Batman Begins and some random stuff. I play very few computer games (well, none, actually) so this is an experiment.

I did go in search of a cool mobile phone, having decided that this would be a warm fuzzy thing to get, but having decided on one, talked to the shop people and to my mobile provider, the latter has now agreed to stick the truly cool and shiny one (a Motorola V3i if that means anything to anyone) that I wanted in the post for me in exchange for another 18 months of my custom and £4 postage, and most importantly no change in number. I find the economics of mobile phones utterly bizarre.

Mostly though we're getting a new colour printer because our current one prints in mainly pink. I will never get used to the idea that Caylus rules are multicoloured rather than fetching but unclear pink and white. I tried persuading both PC World and Comet that they might reduce the price to somewhere near the mail order one but they weren't biting, so mail-order it is.

We watched Porco Rosso last night. What on earth was that all about? It was very good, but it seemed to be missing most of the vital plot elements that I felt it was only reasonable to expect. We might well watch Pom Poro tonight, which looks equally bizarre but in a rather different way.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?